the daily digest

Man. I really miss having a digital camera. So many things happen through out the day that I would just love to snap a picture of and post here and it just KILLS me that I don't have that luxury anymore. Sigh....

Anyway, today I had to go deposit a check and since running a simple errand like going through the bank drive through requires me to get three little ones dressed and pottied/changed and strapped into the car like Nascar drivers, we decided to stay out of the house for a little while to make it worth the effort. we drove around all my favourite inner city neighborhoods (Jefferson Park, Gatewood, Mesta Park, Venice, Putnam Heights, etc...) while we waited for Cuppies and Joe to open. I'm not gonna lie, I was a wee bit terrified when they handed me some very breakable dishes, but it was actually pretty nice. Not super kid friendly, but my kids were hardley the only kids in there. Besides, most places that I would deem "kid-friendly" also tend to be places that are extremely loud, overstimulated and have T.V.'s on every conceivable surface and just....ulch. Those places are not my more favourite haunts. (That's right. I spell favourite with a 'u'. Get over it.) I actually ran into an old acquaintance while I was in there which was lovely.

Afterwards I took the kids to the playground in Jefferson Park, but we didn't stay long because Ephraim had an accident. I knew that would happen and I had a change of clothes for him, so it wasn't any big deal.

I think the kids and I are going to visit Frontline tomorrow for church. I've driven past it several times, but a friend of mine recommended it to me and that always makes me want to give somewhere a shot more than just checking out a cool website. (But don't stop with the cool websites. I like them, too.)

0 comments: